Tuesday 3 November 2009

Desert Storm?

Well, not quite.

Pakistan v. New Zealand. I do have actual things to say about this match, especially since New Zealand are one of my favourite teams and their captain, Daniel Vettori, my favourite cricketer by a distance, but I'm going to save that for later. Instead, as a favour to S, who will be checking this blog out every now and then purely to ogle the pictures of the beautiful men, I will simply display a brief but comprehensive analysis of the game so far in the form of a mini photo-essay.

First blood to New Zealand: 2 Pakistani wickets taken for no runs by Kiwi paceman Shane Bond.


That's him.

One runout, orchestrated shortly afterwards by Martin 'Square-Jaw' Guptill (who looks nothing like a guppy, but that shouldn't stop his teammates making it his official nickname, because, well, come on)


That guy.

And one more taken by Daniel 'SuperDan' Vettori


...who looks like this.

Pakistan's revival was started by this man, Shahid 'Boom-Boom' Afridi:



...and with that, I think I've pandered to S enough. I hope she appreciates it.

1 comment: